Your adrenaline will pump when the fresh winds of the glacier will rush against you as you whizz over the snow. Joining this subarctic adventure and driving a snowmobile over Europe’s biggest glacier, will be one of the most exciting experiences you will ever participate in.
Along with an exciting adventure, you will also experience an unbelievable view over the glimmering glacier and its snow- and ice-covered surface. If you’re lucky and the view is good, you will see the east and south highlands of Iceland.
About halfway through the tour, we’ll stop and you will have the opportunity to take pictures and peacefully enjoy the scenery.
Our guides are very informative and entertaining and will tell you facts and stories about the area and the glacier. Don’t be shy to ask any questions if there’s something you want to know!
At base camp, Glacier Journey will provide overalls and helmets for the tour before driving you up on the glacier.
Snowmobiles are easy to operate and there’s no need to worry if you haven’t ridden one before. We will demonstrate how they work and go through the simple security rules before it’s time to mount your snowmobile and begin your adventure.
The snowmobile tours are available between March and October.
Use the promotional code JOURNEY22 when booking this tour for a 10% discount.
Flatey, 30 minutes before departure time.
Flatey is a dairy farm and located 38 km west of Höfn and 42 km east of Jökulsárlón-Glacier Lagoon.
Duration: Approx. 3 hours
When booking odd numbers; 1,3,5 etc. you need to book “solo rider”
SUMMER LOCATION | BASE CAMP
Flatey á Mýrum | Gps: 64.258498, -15.584872
- A valid driver’s license is required to operate the snowmobile.
- Good outdoor clothing and hiking boots are required.
- A reasonable level of fitness is required for all our tours.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to inform our guides if they have any kind of health issue.
- There is a 48 hours’ cancellation policy; customers will receive a 90% refund if they cancel the tour at least 48 hours before departure. No refund is provided if the notice is less than 48 hours.
- If the tour is canceled by Glacier Journey for some reason, i.e. due to weather, customers will receive a full refund.
- Glacier Journey does not assume any responsibility for accidents that are caused by its customers or can be traced to their own actions.
- All our tours are undertaken on the responsibility of its participants.
- Glacier Journey cannot make sure that no other person or other unrelated groups are in the area at the same time as our tours.
- Required participants per tour are at least two people.