Come and explore with us the fantastic lunar landscape of Iceland!
Whizz across the stunning snowcaps of Vatnajökull glacier, the largest glacier in Europe on a snowmobile with this thrilling sub-arctic adventure. This tour should not be missed by those seeking an authentic glacier experience in southeast Iceland.
Snowmobiling is one of the most exhilarating excursions you can take in Iceland; the fresh winds rushing against you as you race over the glacier provide an adrenaline-pumping thrill.
Aside from the great adventure, you will expose yourself to amazing views across the gleaming surface of the ice and snow, and of the highlands, east and south of the country.
You will stop halfway through your adventure to take photos, our guides are very informative and entertaining; they will tell you facts about the area, stories from the community, fairytales and everything you would like to know, so please do not be shy to ask them questions about anything that comes to mind.
At base camp, Glacier Journey provides overalls and helmets for the tour. Don’t worry, you don’t need any experience, as snowmobiles are very easy to operate. We will show you how they work. Then, it’s time to mount your snowmobile and set off.
Now with a 10% discount
The discount code is “JOURNEY21” for this trip.
Flatey, 30 minutes before departure time. Flatey is a dairy farm and located 38 km west of Höfn and 42 km east of Jökulsárlón-Glacier Lagoon.
Gps: 64.258498, -15.584872
firstname.lastname@example.org | tel: +354 478 1517 or +354 867 0493
Duration: Approx. 3 hours
Attention. Your bank may need to authorize foreign transactions as we use 3D Secure – Security protocol to help prevent fraud in online transactions. Read more by clicking here
SUMMER LOCATION | BASE CAMP
Flatey á Mýrum | Gps: 64.258498, -15.584872
- Good outdoor clothing and hiking boots are required.
- A reasonable level of fitness is required for our all our tours.
- It´s customer’s responsibility to inform our guides if they have any kind of health issue.
- There is a 48 hours’ cancellation policy; customers will get a 90% refund if they cancel tour 48+ hours before departure.
- If the tour is cancelled by Glacier Journey for some reason, i.e. due to weather, customers get a full refund.
- Glacier Journey does not assume any responsibility for accidents which are caused by its customers or can be traced to their own actions.
- All our tours are undertaken on the responsibility of its participants.
- Glacier Journey cannot make sure that no other persons or other unrelated groups are in the area at the same time as our tours.
- Required participants per tour is two persons.