THE MIDNIGHT SUN TOUR
Whizz across the stunning snowcaps of Vatnajökull glacier, the largest glacier in Europe on a snowmobile with this thrilling sub-arctic adventure. This tour should not be missed by those seeking an authentic glacier experience in southeast Iceland.
Snowmobiling is one of the most exhilarating excursions you can take in Iceland; the fresh winds rushing against you as you race over the glacier provide an adrenaline-pumping thrill.
Aside from the great adventure, you will expose yourself to amazing views across the gleaming surface of the ice and snow, and of the highlands, east and south of the country.
You will stop halfway through your adventure to take photos, our guides are very informative and entertaining; they will tell you facts about the area, stories from the community, fairytales and everything you would like to know, so please do not be shy to ask them questions about anything that comes to mind.
At base camp, Glacier Journey provides overalls and helmets for the tour. Don’t worry, you don’t need any experience, as snowmobiles are very easy to operate. We will show you how they work. Then, it’s time to mount your snowmobile and set off.
This tour is open for a limited time only, in June and July. We will open for bookings with short notice, we just go if the weather is perfect for a romantic evening on the glacier.
This tour is not suitable for children.
The Midnight sun tour is available in June and July
Flatey, 30 minutes before departure time. Flatey is a dairy farm and located 38 km west of Höfn and 42 km east of Jökulsárlón-Glacier Lagoon.
Duration: Approx. 3 hours
When booking odd numbers; 1,3,5 etc. you need to book “solo rider”
Departure time 9:30 pm
Price: 34.500 .- per person
Extra: solo rider 10.000.-
Private departure: 50.000.
SUMMER LOCATION | BASE CAMP
Flatey á Mýrum | Gps:64.258498, -15.584872
- A valid driver´s license is required.
- Good outdoor clothing and hiking boots are required
- A reasonable level of fitness is required for our all our tours.
- It´s customer’s responsibility to inform our guides if they have any health issues.
- There is a 48 hours’ cancellation policy; customers will get a full refund if they cancel tour 48+ hours before departure.
- If the tour is cancelled by Glacier Journey for some reason, i.e. due to weather, customers get a full refund.
- Glacier Journey does not assume any responsibility for accidents which are caused by its customers or can be traced to their own actions.
- All our tours are undertaken on the responsibility of its participants.
- Glacier Journey cannot make sure that no other persons or other unrelated groups are in the area at the same time as our tours.
- Required participants per tour is two persons
- NOTE: If the driver or passenger causes damage on a snowmobile the driver is responsible and therefore have to pay for the repair of the snowmobile.