OF THE GLACIER
You ever dreamed of stepping foot on the largest glacier in Europe?
Come and explore the wonder of Breiðamerkurjökull, one of the stunning outlet glaciers of Vatnajökull glacier, the largest glacier in Europe. We meet at Jökulsárlón, the Glacier Lagoon, and from there we go off in a modified super jeep. This hike is perfect for families that are looking for an enjoyable glacier tour in Iceland.
You get to explore the glacier environment, enjoy a view out of this world, go into the glacier and experience the glacier’s beauty, an ice walk in some crevasses with all its colors and beauty! A Glacier Journey is truly a unique experience.
An experienced local guide leads the way and shares a wealth of fascinating information about glaciers, icefields and their impact on our environment during our journey, making sure everyone enjoys themselves to the fullest.
Our guides provide you with safety equipment (helmet and crampons) and the fun begins!
Available November – March
At Jökulsárlón-Glacier Lagoon 30 minutes before departure time.
GPS Coordinates 64.0478597,-16.1789879
Duration: Approx. 2,5 hours
WINTER LOCATION | BASE CAMP
The Glacier Lagoon | Gps: 64.048381, -16.179508
- Good outdoor clothing and hiking boots are required.
- A reasonable level of fitness is required for our all our tours.
- It´s customer’s responsibility to inform our guides if they have any kind of health issue.
- There is a 48 hours’ cancellation policy; customers will get a full refund if they cancel tour 48+ hours before departure.
- If the tour is cancelled by Glacier Journey for some reason, i.e. due to weather, customers get a full refund.
- Glacier Journey does not assume any responsibility for accidents which are caused by its customers or can be traced to their own actions.
- All our tours are undertaken on the responsibility of its participants.
- Glacier Journey cannot make sure that no other persons or other unrelated groups are in the area at the same time as our tours.
- Required participants per tour is two persons.