TREASURE ICE CAVE
Come and explore the wonder of Breiðamerkurjökull, one of the stunning outlet glaciers of Vatnajökull glacier, the largest glacier in Europe. We meet at Jökulsárlón, the Glacier Lagoon, and from there we go off in a modified super jeep. This hike is perfect for explorers that are up for a longer hike with spectacular photo opportunities. The walk up to the ice cave is approx. 1-1 1/2 hour, with a scenery, wild landscapes, and a stunningly beautiful view.
You get to explore the glacier environment, enjoy a view out of this world, go into the glacier and experience the glacier’s beauty, an ice cave adventure with all its colors and beauty! Also, you get a different angle of this amazing natural phenomenon Jökulsárlón and explore Iceland most unique natural ice caves at once. A Glacier Journey is truly a unique experience.
An experienced local guide leads the way and shares a wealth of fascinating information about glaciers, icefields and their impact on our environment during our journey, making sure everyone enjoys themselves to the fullest.
Our guides provide you with safety equipment (helmet and crampons, ice axe and hardness) and the fun begins!
Note that this tour is rather difficult and for this tour we require a reasonable fitness from our guests.
Available November – March
Now available with a 15% discount.
Use the promotional code: TREASURE when booking this tour.
At Jökulsárlón-Glacier Lagoon 30 minutes before departure time.
GPS Coordinates 64.0478597,-16.1789879
Duration: Approx. 5 hours
What to bring
- Base layer, a shirt and long johns, synthetic or wool, mid layer such as good sweater, wool or fleece.
- Mid layer, fleece jacket, thick wool garment, primaloft jacket or similar. For colder days, you might add a second mid layer. Hiking pants or softshell or similar (no jeans).
- Waterproof breathable jacket and pants.
- Headwear and gloves, thermal.
- Good socks, synthetic or wool.
- Good hiking boots are essential. The boots should be high enough to provide good ankle support.
- A small backpack, for your camera, rain gear and all extras.
- A light lunch, a sandwich, chocolate bar and something to drink (non-alcoholic).
WINTER LOCATION | BASE CAMP
The Glacier Lagoon | Gps: 64.048381, -16.179508
- Good outdoor clothing and hiking boots are required.
- A reasonable level of fitness is required for our all our tours.
- It´s customer’s responsibility to inform our guides if they have any kind of health issue.
- There is a 48 hours’ cancellation policy; customers will get a full refund if they cancel tour 48+ hours before departure.
- If the tour is cancelled by Glacier Journey for some reason, i.e. due to weather, customers get a full refund.
- Glacier Journey does not assume any responsibility for accidents which are caused by its customers or can be traced to their own actions.
- All our tours are undertaken on the responsibility of its participants.
- Glacier Journey cannot make sure that no other persons or other unrelated groups are in the area at the same time as our tours.
- Required participants per tour is two persons.