SNOWMOBILE TOUR ON VATNAJÖKULL GLACIER
FANTASTIC LUNAR LANDSCAPE OF ICELAND
Come and explore with us the fantastic lunar landscape of Iceland!
Our snowmobile tour will take us through rugged and wild landscapes, stunningly beautiful valleys and offers a breathtaking view of some of the highest peaks in the whole country and over the amazing Vatnajökull glacier. Enjoy the purity of the snowy mountains and become one with Iceland’s spectacular nature.
Our tours are fun and easy and offer only the best experience for individuals looking for a scenic ride and even first time riders!
An experienced local guide leads the way and shares a wealth of fascinating information about glaciers, icefields and their impact on our environment during our journey.
Don’t worry about driving the snowmobiles, we introduce you to everything you need to know in a short workshop, it’s super easy and everybody can learn it within minutes! Our guides provide you with safety equipment (helmet, wind and water proof overall) and the fun begins!
Now available with a 10% discount.
Use the promotional code: JOURNEY19 when booking this tour.
From 18th of April until October:
Flatey, 30 minutes before departure time. Flatey is a dairy farm and located 38 km west of Höfn and 42 km east of Jökulsárlón-Glacier Lagoon
GPS Coordinates 64.259367,-15.583086
From December/January* until 18th of April:
At Jökulsárlón-Glacier Lagoon 30 minutes before departure time.
GPS Coordinates 64.0478597,-16.1789879
*during the winter we dependent very much on the weather, we open for tours when it´s enough snow on the glacier to operate.
Duration: Approx. 3 hours
Minimum for 2 persons
When booking odd numbers; 1,3,5 etc. you need to book “solo rider”
SUMMER LOCATION | BASE CAMP
Flatey á Mýrum | Gps:64.258498, -15.584872
- A valid driver´s license is required.
- Good outdoor clothing and hiking boots are required
- A reasonable level of fitness is required for our all our tours.
- It´s customer’s responsibility to inform our guides if they have any health issues.
- There is a 48 hours’ cancellation policy; customers will get a full refund if they cancel tour 48+ hours before departure.
- If the tour is cancelled by Glacier Journey for some reason, i.e. due to weather, customers get a full refund.
- Glacier Journey does not assume any responsibility for accidents which are caused by its customers or can be traced to their own actions.
- All our tours are undertaken on the responsibility of its participants.
- Glacier Journey cannot make sure that no other persons or other unrelated groups are in the area at the same time as our tours.
- Required participants per tour is two persons
- NOTE: If the driver or passenger causes damage on a snowmobile the driver is responsible and therefore have to pay for the repair of the snowmobile.