ICE CAVE & SNOWMOBILE TOUR
THE PERFECT COMBO
This tour combines the ice cave tour and the snowmobile tour, you´ll get the best of both. A perfect opportunity to explore and experience the astonishing nature in the Vatnajökull area.
Enjoy the purity of the snowy mountains and become one with Iceland’s spectacular nature. Our tours are fun and easy and offer only the best experience for individuals looking for a scenic ride and even first time riders!
An experienced local guide leads the way and shares a wealth of fascinating information about glaciers, icefields and their impact on our environment during our journey.
The journey starts at Jökulsárlón- Glacier Lagoon, after a short briefing about the great adventure ahead, we jump in the Super Jeep and start our trip to Vatnajökull Glacier, where we pick up our snowmobiles.
Don’t worry about driving the snowmobiles, we introduce you to everything you need to know in a short workshop, it’s super easy and everybody can learn it within minutes! For the Ice cave part, we´ll go into and underneath the glacier and experience the glacier’s beauty from the inside
Our guides provide you with safety equipment (helmet, wind and water proof overall and crampons) and the fun begins!
Available 1. January* -31. March
*our combo tours are extremely weather dependent, and therefore we are not able to open for booking for the whole winter season just yet!
At Jökulsárlón-Glacier Lagoon, 30 minutes before departure time.
GPS Coordinates 64.0478597,-16.1789879
Duration: Approx. 3 hours
When booking odd numbers; 1, 3, 5 etc. you need to book “solo rider”
WINTER LOCATION | BASE CAMP
The Glacier Lagoon | Gps: 64.048381, -16.179508
- A valid driver´s license is required.
- Good outdoor clothing and hiking boots are required
- A reasonable level of fitness is required for our all our tours.
- It´s customer’s responsibility to inform our guides if they have any health issue.
- There is a 48 hours’ cancellation policy; customers will get a full refund if they cancel tour 48+ hours before departure.
- If the tour is cancelled by Glacier Journey for some reason, i.e. due to weather, customers get a full refund.
- Glacier Journey does not assume any responsibility for accidents which are caused by its customers or can be traced to their own actions.
- All our tours are undertaken on the responsibility of its participants.
- Glacier Journey cannot make sure that no other persons or other unrelated groups are in the area at the same time as our tours.
- Required participants per tour is two persons
NOTE: If the driver or passenger causes damage on the snowmobile the driver is responsible, and therefore have to pay for the repair of the snowmobile.
26.500 ISK – per person and 2 persons on a snowmobile.
Extra fee for one person on snowmobile, 9.000 ISK